MBDC Teacher Training Pathway
Become a Mindfulness-Based Dementia Care Teacher
Mindfulness-Based Dementia Care Teacher Training is offered to clinicians who work in the field of dementia care, and who are interested in leading Mindfulness-Based Dementia Care (MBDC) programs in their workplace.
Prerequisites for joining the MBDC Teacher Training Pathway include:
- Master’s level trained mental health clinician (practitioner), or related field
- Already working with persons living with dementia and/or their family members
- Minimum of 1 year established personal mindfulness practice, which includes daily formal meditation, everyday mindfulness, and preferably a connection with a local practice center.
- Must have attended at least one 3+ day silent retreat, or multiple 1-day silent retreats.
- Participation in Mindfulness Based class strongly preferred (MBSR, MBCT, or MBDC)
- Experience facilitating/guiding meditations preferred
The training pathway has 3 phases:
Phase 1: Grounding in the Content and Structure of MBDC
10 biweekly online training sessions + one individual Q & A session with teaching faculty exploring MBDC program topics, developmental arc of program, familiarity with participant workbook & teaching materials. Planning delivery of MBDC program to be completed as soon as possible after Phase 2 training.
Phase 2: In-Person Training Retreat
An immersive opportunity to practice teaching curriculum, lead meditation, deepen understanding of group process, and explore therapeutic use of self in this context.
Phase 3: Mentoring
During the first MBDC program delivery, the trainee will meet weekly with an MBDC mentor to review the teaching experience and answer questions. The MBDC mentor will review a recorded class, or may sit in on one session to support learning for the trainee.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about training opportunties and pricing.